Established in 1955 after the amalgamation of the Eastern and Western Districts Football Leagues, the Busselton Football Club has celebrated over 50 years in the South West Football League. Originally based at Churchill Park, the Club moved out to their headquarters at Sir Stewart Bovell Park in 1977, where they have since made many improvements to the oval and club. In the early 90’s the lighting was upgraded to what some say is the best out side of the metro area.
Established by hard working everyday people, the Busselton Football Club has become known for their dedicated volunteers, great family and social atmospheres. The Club is also, what some would say “a nest” for young players aspiring to play at the next level, and will do so for many more years to come. It shows today with several former players playing for East Perth Football Club, South Fremantle Football Club and West Perth Football Club.